- 1 5/8 Cup matzah cake meal(1 1/2 Cups plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz. package chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375.
Combine the matzah cake meal, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, beat margarine, sugars, and vanilla until fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Gradually stir in flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 11 minutes.
Recipe developed by Judy Elbaum